Friday, June 10, 2016

Same Life, Different Chapter

Thanks so much for the support.

When you have lost everything because of a disabling illness, you feel adrift. I lost opportunities I will never get back. I thought any chance of being who I am was lost forever. 

I worked on my symptoms. I worked to regain brain power. I worked just to breathe.

After five long years of doing everything on my own, I have finally plateaued to a workable independence. I may never be able to hold down a job or be in public for very long again, but I have discovered new outlets for my creativity. 

It's been a long road. I have had to sacrifice so much. 

In the cycle of recovery, I am now recovering me. My identity. So I can leave a legacy. 

So thank you for stopping by, reading, and visiting my links. You don't know how much I appreciate it. 

Thank you!

I am glad I can finally close the chapters of my old life and begin new ones. I still have work to do, but at least I know it's all on me. Since I am a successful person in my heart, I only hope that translates into the future. 

Never give up; never surrender.... 

Words to live by.